Understandably, COVID-19 virus is causing concern in the community, and across Australia. As the situation evolves, Bounce Physio is closely following advice from the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA), Queensland Health and the Department of Health in relation to management and containment.
What we are doing
We are committed, as always, to providing our patients and staff with a safe environment. To that end, we are taking additional precautions on top of our normal procedures in order to minimise the risk of infection, in line with the Dept of Health’s “Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19” document.
These include the following:
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces (including linen and treatment tables) between each episode of patient care, according to normal infection prevention and control practice;
- Increasing the frequency of our daily disinfection routine for other regularly-touched hard surfaces eg. door handles, counter tops, iPads, EFTPOS machines;
- Providing additional alcohol-based hand sanitisers around the clinic for staff and patients to use;
- Removing magazines and newspapers temporarily from our clinic waiting rooms.
What you can do
You can help us provide a safe environment for others, particularly those who are elderly or at risk, by doing the following:
Before you attend our clinic:
- If you meet ANY of the following criteria, please see your doctor prior to your next appointment and follow their expert advice regarding necessary precautions:
- I have travelled anywhere overseas within the last 14 days OR
- I am suffering fever and flu-like symptoms, i.e. sore throat, cough, shortness of breath and/or fatigue OR
- I have had close or casual contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
If you are not sure if you should keep your appointment, you can:
- Take Qld Health’s Novel Coronavirus Quiz – CLICK HERE OR
- Call our friendly reception team to discuss any concerns
When you attend our clinic:
We kindly ask that you use hand sanitiser provided at our clinics. Bathrooms are also in close proximity of all of our clinics, where soap is readily available.
Looking after yourself & others
Additionally, there are some simple things that we can all do to help prevent the infection from spreading within the community:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing. (Source: Qld Health)
Where you can access help, information and support services
The Queensland Government is partnering with the Australian Red Cross, to ensure people have access to support during their period of self-quarantine. This service includes a regular telephone call to check-in on the person’s wellbeing and to identify any practical support they may need help with. For example, organising the delivery of groceries, access to educational materials, replacement of medications etc.
- People who are self-quarantined must call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for further advice and to register for support. Staff at 13 HEALTH can connect people through to a local public health unit and other health support services.
- Visit the Qld Health website for additional resources and current advice with regards to the COVID-19 situation – CLICK HERE
- You can also call the Australian Government’s National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080, if you have any questions or concerns.
Bounce Physio will continue to monitor advice from the APA, Department of Health and Qld Health, and will keep you informed of any developments or changes.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.