Due to the concerns related to COVID-19 in our community, we have provided a very successful Telehealth service for clients that do not wish or are unable to attend appointments in person. This has been very successful and we will continue to offer this service for the foreseeable future!
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth refers to the delivery of healthcare services and information via telecommunication technologies such as computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices. This includes virtual consultations and remote monitoring.
Telehealth provides patients with convenient access to healthcare services without the need for in-person visits, which can be especially beneficial for individuals with mobility issues, those living in rural areas, or those who have busy schedules.
How can you benefit from Physiotherapy Telehealth?
Telehealth can offer several benefits for physiotherapy:
- Convenient access to care: Telehealth enables physiotherapists to provide remote consultations, making it easier for patients to access care, especially those living in rural areas or with mobility issues.
- Improved continuity of care: Telehealth can help physiotherapists maintain regular contact with their patients and monitor their progress between in-person appointments.
- Enhanced flexibility: Telehealth can allow physiotherapists to provide care outside of normal office hours and offer more appointment options to meet the needs of their patients.
- Reduced risk of exposure: During the COVID-19 pandemic, telehealth has become an important tool for reducing the risk of exposure to the virus and ensuring the safety of both patients and healthcare providers.
- Increased efficiency: Telehealth can help streamline the delivery of care, reduce wait times, and increase overall efficiency by reducing the need for travel time and in-person visits.
Overall, telehealth can offer many benefits for physiotherapy, helping to improve access to care and enhance the delivery of services. However, it is important to note that telehealth is not a replacement for in-person visits and that certain physiotherapy techniques, such as manual therapy, may be best performed in person.
How is Telehealth performed at Bounce Physio?
Telehealth appointments will include a videoconference with a physiotherapist. Our reception will send you a link to access a private meeting whereby our physiotherapist will join you at your allocated time. Should you need assistance setting up, our staff are always happy to help out before the appointment!
During the session, the physiotherapist will assess your concerns and develop an appropriate program for you to complete in the comfort of your own home!