What is Physiotherapy?
A physiotherapist (or physical therapist) is a trained health professional specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of someone who is affected by an injury or pain. A physiotherapist knows how the human body works and through a thorough and precise assessment, can diagnose and assess your issue and guide your through your recovery.
Physiotherapy refers to a range of treatments designed to address impairments and disabilities, with the main goal to reduce your pain while restoring your mobility, function and strength, therefore improving your overall quality of life.
Who would benefit from Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are experts in treating and managing a number of challenging and complex conditions. Physiotherapy has been shown to be a highly effective treatment of a number of conditions including;
- Musculoskeletal injuries that include; muscle strains and tears, rolled ankles, tendon issues and overuse injuries
- Neck and low back pain
- Sports related injuries
- Work related injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Injury prevention
- Chest and lung conditions such as pneumonia
- Vestibular and other balance conditions
- Complex conditions
- Balance retraining
- General conditioning
- Pre and post natal
- What to expect from treatment
- Every physiotherapy consultation at Bounce Physio consists of the following
- Thorough assessment
- Accurate diagnosis
- Hands on treatment: Deep tissue massage, mobilisation, and manipulation
- Clear explanation of diagnosis and treatment.
- Home exercise program (as required)
Your initial consultation includes a thorough subjective and objective examination, with hands-on treatment starting Day 1. We use orthopaedic tests, a range of movement tests, palpation, review any medical imaging reports that you may have in order to determine not only the source of your pain but the underlying cause of your problem. Based upon our examination findings we will determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you.
Follow up visit
At your follow up visit you will be given a written report of findings, and recommended an action plan. Typically, we use 2-4 sessions to evaluate your response to therapy and the extent of any underlying dysfunction. A management program is developed with you and is directed towards your health needs and goals. Take advantage, healthcare is your most important asset!
Physiotherapy treatment techniques
The therapists at Bounce Physio use a variety of techniques to assist in returning you to your previous level of function. Our highly trained staff have a range of skills and are experts in delivering the following services;
Consists of a variety of hands-on intervention techniques ranging from soft tissue mobilisation to joint manipulations.
Manual therapy is a highly effective treatment method that can provide pain relief, improve range of movement and function
Exercise and Pilates prescription
An individualised program tailored to suit your needs.
Programs aimed at improving your flexibility and mobility, strengthening your muscles or balance retraining.
Return to sport and work programs available
An individualised hydrotherapy program tailored to suit your needs.
Shown to have great benefits for a range of conditions
Train in a safe environment
Similar to acupuncture, has a targeted approach to sore and tight muscles
Why you should choose Bounce Physio?
- Our physiotherapists are highly skilled, experienced and caring
- Focussed on achieving a successful result for you with every treatment session
- We give you one-on-one attention for your whole appointment time, no machines or multiple patients at any one time
- Our focus is achieving long term results and injury prevention, not just a quick fix
- Our online booking system makes it simple and easy to book an appointment at your convenience
- Availability with great hours! We are open 7 days (at Bardon) and 6 days at all other clinics!
- We have extended opening and closing hours to cater for those who work full time and have busy schedules
- We have the ability to provide home visits to our local areas
- Parking and easy access